1. Is Premise purchased for a one-time fee or recurring charges?
A one-time fee. There are no automatically recurring charges.
You get unlimited everything for a flat fee — landing pages, domains and websites, optimization seminars, copywriting advice, graphics library, software updates, and support.
2. Can I use Premise with any WordPress theme?
Absolutely – and that’s what makes Premise such an advancement in the WordPress field. It doesn’t matter if you’re using the default TwentyTen theme, a free theme, or even a framework such as Genesis. Premise works independently of themes, so you can use it under any circumstance. This enables you to build custom, graphic-rich landing pages that are designed specifically for direct response results. Premise includes its own design settings so you may control the design of your landing pages independent of your website theme. Learn more about the design settings here.
You can also build entire WordPress sites with Premise alone. Just designate a Premise landing page as your static home page in your WordPress “Reading” settings, and cross link additional Premise pages however you want.
3. Can I use Premise on more than one site?
You may install Premise on as many websites as you like using your API key. Anyone with admin access to the websites will be able to use Premise. In other words, we don’t have any limitations on the number of site or domains you use it on. However, if you are building sites for clients (sites you do not own) we ask that you provide them with their own API key, which they purchase or you purchase for them.
4. What are the technical requirements for using Premise?
Premise requires that you have WordPress 3.3 or higher installed. It also requires the use of PHP5.
5. What exactly is Premise in a nutshell?
Premise is a bundle of software and education that lets you quickly and effectively create landing pages with WordPress. The total product breaks down into the three vital aspects of landing pages that work:
First of all, you’ve got to be able to create the important landing page types outside of your normal WordPress theme. You don’t want your typical header and sidebars in the mix, and you need to be able to control styles, colors, fonts, and graphics specifically to those landing pages. Premise allows you to easily create 6 critical landing page styles in WordPress, add visual flair with included custom graphics, and control fonts, colors, and styles without code. And it works with any WordPress theme you’d like to use it with.
Building pages alone won’t get you the action and conversion rate you’re looking for. It’s the copy that makes people do what you want, and this is the element missing from any website or page-building software. But we’re uniquely qualified to make up for that. Premise makes your words work with copywriting advice delivered directly from your WordPress interface for each type of landing page. Plus you get the Premise Guide to Effective Copy and high-quality copywriting seminars as part of the deal.
No matter how great your copywriting skills, there’s always room for improvement in your conversion rate and search rankings. You just need the proper tools and the right guidance. Premise provides detailed conversion optimization seminars, split-testing directly from inside WordPress, and SEO tools that ensure you’re getting the absolute most out of your landing pages.
In short, Premise doesn’t sell you short with simple page-building tools. It allows you to create great pages, and most importantly, helps you create great content for those pages — you know, the truly important stuff that leads to higher conversion.
6. How does the Membership section of Premise work?
Premise allows you to build paid membership sites with secure log-in-protected member gateways.
The code is integrated seamlessly with WordPress authentication and user access management protocols, so you know you’ve got maximum compatibility and functionality.
With Premise you can:
- Create one-time fees or recurring charges.
- Manage member access after initial payment (continue recurring payments.)
- Deny access when membership is canceled or payment is otherwise not made.
- Drip out your course or premium content sequentially over time.
- Create an unlimited set of digital products for sale and protect them from outside access until purchase.
- Create a seamless check out process, all from within WordPress.
7. What payment gateways does Premise work with?
Premise makes it easy to coordinate payments — whether one-time or recurring — before access is granted to your member area or digital downloads.
Create check-out pages to collect member/buyer information, and then accept payments from PayPal, take credit card payments via Authorize.net, or both. We’ve also added integration with Braintree, 2Checkout, and Stripe.
8. Can my customers have Forum access?
Yes, Premise integrates with the popular vBulletin forum software (purchased separately) and bbPress to make paid forum areas possible.
9. What are the 8 types of landing pages I can build with Premise?
We came up with the idea for Premise because we really wanted and needed it based on the frustrations of our writers who wanted to create quality landing pages without a designer. That said, these are the landing page types that we couldn’t live without. More importantly, these are the pages we wanted to be able to make whenever we wanted, without asking anyone for help.
This is the old workhorse when it comes time to move more of your product or service. No clutter, comments, or confusion – all action.
A new concept in viral social media marketing, a social sharing page requires people to share your landing page on Facebook or Twitter in order to access your free content.
One of the most important tasks before the sale is to get people on your list. Premise makes it easy with integration from Aweber, Mail Chimp, and Constant Contact.
As video becomes more important for your messages, video landing pages will be used more and more for sales and lead generation. Again, Premise makes it easier than ever before.
After you’ve collected an opt-in email address, you’ll want to send people to another landing page, thanking them for subscribing and providing valuable information, such as a) telling them to click the confirmation link in their inbox, b) how to whitelist the email address you send from, c) beginning resources or tutorials, and d) an initial offer to purchase something.
When you really want to rank for a certain search term, this is the landing page to house your cornerstone content. We use a bunch of them on Copyblogger (see Copywriting 101, Content Marketing 101, etc).
When you’re selling anything with multiple plans or price points, this page is crucial for clarity. Plus it’s a great way to restate benefits and reverse risk when boosting conversion for any type of offer.
You really need to take a look at this one to appreciate the tabs and side-scrolling content approach. This is a way to deliver lots of copy without it looking like long copy, and Premise makes it a snap to pull off.
10. How can I make those pages without knowing HTML, CSS, PHP and other scary letters?
This was the key point for us. We’ve come a long way in the WordPress world with being able to do stuff without code. Why not landing pages that worked outside your regular theme, no matter what theme you choose to use? So Premise has main settings, design settings, specific page settings, and a custom editor that gives you unprecedented control when it comes to landing pages. All of this is point-and-click, no coding required.
11. You mentioned custom graphics. How does that work?
So, Premise is a high-powered plug-in for WordPress, but it’s also a lot more. Thanks to the wonders of the Premise API, we’re able to pump in constantly updated goodies to you. One of the biggest batch of goodies is the Premise graphics library. 1,119 custom landing page graphics at last count, from our very talented in-house designer Rafal. So, no more bad clip art. And it’s included when you get Premise. We’ll be updating the graphics library over time, and taking your feedback for new stock. This feature alone is worth more than Premise Starter costs.
12. How can you possibly deliver copywriting advice inside WordPress?
It all comes back to that API thing. We deliver copywriting tips, templates, and tutorials for each landing page type right where and when you need it. Copyblogger founder Brian Clark talks about how when he was first learning how to write copy, he had books open all over his desk. He would flail around looking for guidance on each point, spilling coffee, scaring the cat…That’s so last century, right?
13. How does the split-testing and search optimization work?
Premise allows you to test your copy and pages in two ways – with Google Analytics Content Experiments for free, or with Visual Website Optimizer if you’re a subscriber to that wonderful service. Both are integrated into WordPress to make conversion optimization easier and more convenient. And Premise contains all the search engine optimization features you would expect from a full WordPress theme framework or dedicated SEO plug-in. So it’s never been easier to configure a page exactly how you want, and also get it found in Google.
14. What seminar content do I get instant access to?
We’re including seminars from the top people in the industry – people like Bryan Eisenberg, Jeff Sexton, Sean D’Seoza, Brian Massey, Geordie Caldwell, our own Sonia Simone and Brian Clark, and more. Here are the seminars you get instant access to as soon as you purchase Premise:
- The Premise Guide to Effective Copyby Brian ClarkThis 69-minute seminar and 23-page manual reveal the power of the premise as the start of any effective landing page campaign.
- Magnetic Headlines Intensivewith Jeff Sexton and Brian ClarkAn intensive 55-minute webinar on writing content titles that work, plus a 10-page manual and slide deck.
- Anatomy of a Landing Page: The 10 Elements You Must Havewith Bryan EisenbergThis 50-minute seminar breaks down what you must have for an effective landing page, and why, from one of the most respected online conversion experts around.
- Your “Magic Formula” For Success: The Conversion Trinitywith Bryan EisenbergWatch this hour-long webinar, and you’ll see and learn the 3-step process that turns traffic into money (or whatever other action you might be after).
- The Premise Content Marketing Strategywith Brian ClarkIn this 45-minute seminar, you’ll discover the “5A” strategy for attracting an audience with content, and how landing pages help you achieve your goals every step of the way.
- Landing Pages that Work with Google AdWordswith Geordie CarswellBuying traffic from Google AdWords works, but you’ve got to know what you’re doing with your landing pages to make it profitable (and to stay on Google’s good side).
Your purchase of Premise gets you much more valuable education on an ongoing basis (and you get all of it when you invest a one-time fee in Premise).
15. Do you have an affiliate program?
We certainly do. The Premise affiliate program is hosted with Share a Sale, and pays 35% commissions on every sale you refer. Find out more here.
Still Have Questions?
Use the form below to submit your pre-sales question. Please Note: This form is NOT for support. Premise customers should log into your account to submit a support ticket.